I hope everyone has smiles on because despite Mother Nature’s confusion, we are in the midst of the holiday season! To get in the spirit, I have been looking through various f&f events for all to enjoy this week. Here’s a brief rundown of the District’s special events:
1. 8th Annual Downtown Holiday Market – F Street NW, between 8th and 9th streets
Artisans, Crafts, Gifts, Live Music. Done, Done, Done. 12-8pm Now through Dec. 23
Markets are great places to get awesome gifts for less this holiday season!
2. U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – TODAY, Tuesday, Dec 4, 5-6pm, U.S. Capitol, Constitution & Independence
House Speaker John Boehner will be lighting The People’s Tree. Free and Open to the public.
3. Holiday Party for Young Professionals in Foreign Policy – Wednesday, Dec 5, 6-9pm, Public Bar
For only $12, this is a great place to schmooze and indulge in Happy Hour this week. Who knows? You may meet someone!
4. Phillips After 5 – Thursday, Dec 6, 5-8:30pm, The Phillips Collection, 1600 21st Street NW, $12
I just love the Phillips After 5 events. What’s better than drinking in an art museum with live music? Not much.
5. DC Santa Crawl 2012 – Saturday, Dec 8, 2-9pm, Dupont Circle, $15 online, $20 day of the event
Are you naughty or nice? If you’re looking for another bar crawl for this holiday season, you may be on Santa’s naughty list, but there’s only one way to find out. This one is sure to be a delight.
Personally, I will be attending the Holiday Market tonight. It’s supposed to be 70 degrees today and I can’t think of a better reason to enjoy the day while getting my Hanukah/Christmas shopping done. Two birds, one stone? Fabulous.