I was talking to my friend Jaime today and we both decided that sometimes, a little indulgence is just what you need. Whether it’s a manicure, a grilled cheese sandwich, or some serious R&R on the couch, we all deserve a little break, so don’t give yourself a hard time about it!
When it’s this cold outside, it’s hard to be out and about. Here’s what I’ve been doing to try and remain as f&F as possible:
1. Do errands in bulk. Plan during the day what you need to get done after work and make a route that’s quick so you don’t have to back-track!
2. Walk there, cab back. Sometimes being frugal and fabulous is not getting frostbite on your nose. Just saying. It was 18 degrees in Dupont at 10pm last night. Not worth the extra $7 in pocket.
3. Make lunch! My friend made this amazing sandwich with avocado, sprouts, sun dried tomatoes and tzadziki. I’m going to have to get her fine chef self to write a guest blog on the art of making healthy lunches!
4. Split the difference. Use the buddy system and save money on food, cabs, reusable items.
5. Turbotax.com Get that return and don’t leave it to the last second!!