What a wonderful weekend! I hope everyone had a chance to get outside today. Though windy, it’s actually quite warm in the sunlight…and I don’t know about you, but it’s really felt a long time since I felt the sunlight on my face.
Last weekend, I was in dreary Chicago visiting my grammie and uncles/cousins. No snow the whole weekend though so I consider myself a lucky one. Having alone time with family really makes a difference.
Last night was really fun. Friday, we went to an 80s grunge party at the Corcoran and needless to say, I had to wear the Madonna get-up. Saturday night, we made an appearance at the 15th Annual Heart Ball at the National Building Museum and danced the night away. Today is Purim for the Jewish tribe and I am celebrating by retelling the story of Esther and making dinner, having wine, and eating plenty of hamantashens. Recipes are coming at you this week so get ready! Jaime and I are taking on Atlantic Cod Fish Tacos and pics/recipe tricks will be hot off the press!
Stay warm out there!
Welcome to the weekend once again! So happy to be lounging around the district before all of the inauguration craziness begins. Remember in 2009 when everyone bought all of their germs to the first Obama Inauguration and we were left all sickly afterwards? Combat the illnesses! Vitamin C, Flu shots, etc, do what you gotta do!
Okay, so this weekend the Washington Harbor is in full-swing for ice-skating. I’ve never been but it’s supposed to be quite fun. Click here for hours and special events for the weekend.
Tomorrow afternoon, NatGeo is hosting their 125th Birthday Party. Stop by their building downtown to get photos, cupcakes, and a special viewing of their current exhibits. Might be fun for a day date…
Let me know if you guys know of anything else fun going on in DC this weekend. Otherwise, I just might go for a double-feature movie day to prep for Golden Globes and Oscar Season! Fabulously – Maranda
Happy End of the World Day! I have had a wonderful, fulfilling life so far. I have loved fiercely, lived with intention, and helped brighten some days along the way. If the world ends today, I won’t live with regret.
Granted that we all survive, I have a few fun activities for the weekend to share if you are sticking around DC for the holidays:
1. Holiday Market on F Street NW between 7th and 9th Streets – Don’t forget that the holiday crafts fair extends to this Sunday, December 23rd. If you’re doing last minute shopping, this might be your gold mine!
2. BYT End of the World Party – Friday, Dec 21st 8:30pm-2:00am – For $16, you can visit 700 H Street NE tonight for a party filled with drinks, dancing, and a band called Ghost Beach. What more can you ask from your favorite party people on your last day on Earth?
3. Midtown’s Little Red Dress Party – Friday, Dec 21st 10pm-3am – An excuse to wear your short red number and take advantage of the free drinks for ladies special from 10-1.
4. Santa Baby Holiday Party – George – Saturday, Dec 22 8-11pm – $15 tickets online, $20 at the door. All you can drink champagne from 8-9pm. Who can’t wait to meet their preppy Georgetown-styled new crush?
5. Matzo Ball Party – On Monday December 24th, while many are gathering around the Christmas Tree, hot young jewish singles all over the country will be heading to the clubs for the annual Matzo Ball bash. Get your tickets here for DC’s party at Ultrabar!
Hope everyone is getting happy for Friday and the holidays. Put your smiles on!