I just discovered this! A pubcrawl for food. Tonight, they are doing Columbia Heights restaurants. You pay $45 to visit 4 restaurants in one night. A little steep if you ask me, but if food is your thang, it may be worth a night out!
Welcome to the weekend once again! So happy to be lounging around the district before all of the inauguration craziness begins. Remember in 2009 when everyone bought all of their germs to the first Obama Inauguration and we were left all sickly afterwards? Combat the illnesses! Vitamin C, Flu shots, etc, do what you gotta do!
Okay, so this weekend the Washington Harbor is in full-swing for ice-skating. I’ve never been but it’s supposed to be quite fun. Click here for hours and special events for the weekend.
Tomorrow afternoon, NatGeo is hosting their 125th Birthday Party. Stop by their building downtown to get photos, cupcakes, and a special viewing of their current exhibits. Might be fun for a day date…
Let me know if you guys know of anything else fun going on in DC this weekend. Otherwise, I just might go for a double-feature movie day to prep for Golden Globes and Oscar Season! Fabulously – Maranda
Then this event is for you. Free Corcoran Gallery reception and celebration beginning at 5:00pm tonight, January 9th. It’s the beginning of the season for Wednesdays at the Corcoran and they are kicking it off in style, bringing in chefs from all over DC for a decadent event with gallery tours and book signings. Open to the Public so be there or be square.
Happy End of the World Day! I have had a wonderful, fulfilling life so far. I have loved fiercely, lived with intention, and helped brighten some days along the way. If the world ends today, I won’t live with regret.
Granted that we all survive, I have a few fun activities for the weekend to share if you are sticking around DC for the holidays:
1. Holiday Market on F Street NW between 7th and 9th Streets – Don’t forget that the holiday crafts fair extends to this Sunday, December 23rd. If you’re doing last minute shopping, this might be your gold mine!
2. BYT End of the World Party – Friday, Dec 21st 8:30pm-2:00am – For $16, you can visit 700 H Street NE tonight for a party filled with drinks, dancing, and a band called Ghost Beach. What more can you ask from your favorite party people on your last day on Earth?
3. Midtown’s Little Red Dress Party – Friday, Dec 21st 10pm-3am – An excuse to wear your short red number and take advantage of the free drinks for ladies special from 10-1.
4. Santa Baby Holiday Party – George – Saturday, Dec 22 8-11pm – $15 tickets online, $20 at the door. All you can drink champagne from 8-9pm. Who can’t wait to meet their preppy Georgetown-styled new crush?
5. Matzo Ball Party – On Monday December 24th, while many are gathering around the Christmas Tree, hot young jewish singles all over the country will be heading to the clubs for the annual Matzo Ball bash. Get your tickets here for DC’s party at Ultrabar!
Hope everyone is getting happy for Friday and the holidays. Put your smiles on!
My my my! I can never get enough of the dapper men in tuxedos and the glitter and fringe of the 20s era. On Friday night, Don Patron hosted yet another party, much like the Halloween Theatres des Vampires party, which featured an abundance of drink, music, and costumes!
Dressed to the nines were DC socialites and Capitol Hills finest to attend a Gatsby Holiday Party. I daresay it was the highlight of the evening when a guest showed up wearing nothing but a skirt made from ripe bananas. Oh, how I love the Twenties.
I hope everyone has smiles on because despite Mother Nature’s confusion, we are in the midst of the holiday season! To get in the spirit, I have been looking through various f&f events for all to enjoy this week. Here’s a brief rundown of the District’s special events:
1. 8th Annual Downtown Holiday Market – F Street NW, between 8th and 9th streets
Artisans, Crafts, Gifts, Live Music. Done, Done, Done. 12-8pm Now through Dec. 23
Markets are great places to get awesome gifts for less this holiday season!
2. U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – TODAY, Tuesday, Dec 4, 5-6pm, U.S. Capitol, Constitution & Independence
House Speaker John Boehner will be lighting The People’s Tree. Free and Open to the public.
3. Holiday Party for Young Professionals in Foreign Policy – Wednesday, Dec 5, 6-9pm, Public Bar
For only $12, this is a great place to schmooze and indulge in Happy Hour this week. Who knows? You may meet someone!
4. Phillips After 5 – Thursday, Dec 6, 5-8:30pm, The Phillips Collection, 1600 21st Street NW, $12
I just love the Phillips After 5 events. What’s better than drinking in an art museum with live music? Not much.
5. DC Santa Crawl 2012 – Saturday, Dec 8, 2-9pm, Dupont Circle, $15 online, $20 day of the event
Are you naughty or nice? If you’re looking for another bar crawl for this holiday season, you may be on Santa’s naughty list, but there’s only one way to find out. This one is sure to be a delight.
Personally, I will be attending the Holiday Market tonight. It’s supposed to be 70 degrees today and I can’t think of a better reason to enjoy the day while getting my Hanukah/Christmas shopping done. Two birds, one stone? Fabulous.
Ashlan Gorse, from E! television and I at the Starlight Foundation event at the Four Seasons.
Miss. DC and I at the Starlight Foundation event at the Four Seasons.
Fabulous times indeed! On Tuesday night, my friend Jaime and I trekked it over to Fairfax, VA to meet our inspiration and fabulous role model Emily Schuman. If you haven’t read her blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere, it’s time to start. She has great ideas on everything from fashion, to the home, to entertaining. She’s given me lots of great tips and inspired me to start Frugal & Fabulous in the first place!